What's trending: Manchester derby in Beijing cancelled, Icardi to Napoli?
Ahead of their ICC meeting with Man City in Beijing, Jose Mourinho says his only objective is to take his players home without injury.
Here are the latest stories for Monday.
INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP: Monday’s International Champions Cup game of Manchester United against Manchester City in Beijing has been cancelled “due to recent weather events.” United manager Jose Mourinho had branded the pitch at the Bird’s Nest Stadium “very bad” in the lead up to the friendly match against Pep Guardiola’s City.
– Manchester City sent a groundsman to the Bird’s Nest Stadium in Beijing 10 days ago to try ensure their preseason derby with Manchester United goes ahead, a club source has told ESPN FC.
– Wayne Rooney has said that he can already see why Jose Mourinho has been a winner in his career and the forward added that he is looking forward to teaming up with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
MAN CITY: Nolito has said he turned down Barcelona to sign for Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. Nolito, 29, said he had a straight decision between the two clubs and opted to join the Premier League side in a £13.8 million move from Celta Vigo.
ENGLAND: Sam Allardyce’s first game in charge of England will be a friendly against Croatia, according to British newspaper reports. Allardyce was appointed England manager last Friday, succeeding Roy Hodgson following the nation’s round-of-16 exit to Iceland at Euro 2016.
CHELSEA: Michy Batshuayi says he has fulfilled a “childhood dream” by joining Chelsea. The 22-year-old completed his move from Marseille earlier this month, and the Belgium international left for the U.S. on Sunday for their preseason tour in the International Champions Cup.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane says he has no desire to leave the Santiago Bernabeu despite a decrease in playing time. Varane did not see the pitch as often once Zinedine Zidane replaced Rafael Benitez as Madrid coach in January, with the new boss selecting Pepe instead.
– Georginio Wijnaldum says one conversation with Jurgen Klopp was all it took to convince him to join Liverpool.
– Robbie Keane and Gyasi Zardes scored in the opening 11 minutes as the LA Galaxy beat Portland 2-1 on Saturday to snap the Timbers’ nine-game undefeated streak.
Man Utd have said tonight’s game is off because of the state of the pitch in Beijing and the bad weather.
– Jonathan Smith (@jonnysmiffy) July 25, 2016
Most second half goals in the 2015/16 Premier League season:
Man City (39)
West Ham (36) pic.twitter.com/Xa24swbb7q
– Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 25, 2016
Make sure to come back again every weekday for more of the same.
The original version of this story which was published by ESPN can be viewed here.
Serie A Video News