Juventus boss Massimilano Allegri has refused to comment on the transfer speculation surrounding the future of Paul Pogba and Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain, ESPN FC reports.
There had been a flurry of reports from several media outlets on Saturday that the Serie A champions had agreed to pay Higuain’s £78.5m release clause. A few media outlets were even suggesting the former Real Madrid ace had been scheduled for a medical in Turin.
The future of Pogba was also said to be nearing a return to Old Trafford with the Guardian reporting Manchester United had submitted an increased offer of £92m to Juve but Allegri, currently in Australia for the International Champions Cup, refused to be drawn on both subjects.
Instead, he expressed his satisfaction with the club’s transfer dealings so far in the transfer window where they have signed the likes of Dani Alves, Miralem Pjanic and Marko Pjaca.
He told reporters on Tuesday: “I am not going to talk about the transfer market news, we are just here to get ready. The club is going to talk about the transfer market and they are doing very well so I am happy in that regard.”
Allegri’s men face off against Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham side in their next friendly and the Italian has revealed he will hand debuts to his new recruits: Medhi Benatia and Pjanic.
“Benatia is going to play as well as Pjanic and [Roberto] Pereyra,” Allegri revealed. “Probably we are going to play with four defenders with either a young player or Alex Sandro at right-back.
“It is an important test. We will use it to test our condition. We will then finish our training season for the summer in Hong Kong. Tomorrow is going to be a very different game [to Tuesday]. There is going to be more intensity.
“I am going to try and play the players who played the first half of the last game more, even though it was only the first match. We are not sure if they are in the ideal condition to play a full match.”