Yaya Toure unlikely to join Inter Milan in summer – Roberto Mancini
Roberto Mancini says Inter Milan are unlikely to sign Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure this summer, despite their previous working relationship at the Etihad.
Mancini’s new club had been hoping to lure the 33-year-old powerhouse to Serie A as Inter look to retool after an inconsistent campaign last season.
Asked about a potential move for Toure, however, Mancini wasn’t optimistic about Inter’s chances of bringing the Ivorian to the San Siro.
“I say that he remains one of the greatest midfielders around in the game,” Mancini told Sky Sport after Inter lost 2-1 to CSKA Sofia in a friendly.
The ESPN FC panel discuss Mauro Icardi’s request for a new Inter Milan deal and if he does enough to warrant a pay increase.
New Inter Milan owners said at a press conference that Serie A should act globally, similarly to the Premier League.
“But I think there is no chance he will be joining Inter.
“We have no regrets, though.”
Toure’s contract with Manchester City is set to run out at the conclusion of the 2016-17 season.
He played 47 games in all competitions for Manchester City last season, scoring eight goals as City slumped to fourth place in the Premier League table.
In Thursday’s friendly, Arsenio Nunes scored the opener for CSKA Sofia, but Rodrigo Palacio equalised quickly for Inter.
Andrea Pinamonti missed a penalty that could have put Inter ahead, and after a host of changes at the break, Yordan Yordanov scored the winner in the 55th minute.
The original version of this story which was published by ESPN can be viewed here.
Serie A Video News